The CERAPAR (centre of archaeological research within the area of Rennes)
Founded in 1987 (with the status of "Association loi 1901"), the CERAPAR has been continuing the activities of an existing search group in the frame of the "Maison des Jeunes et de la Culture" of Pacé since 1977.
- Research and Archaeological prospecting, initiation and training.
- Circulation and awareness actions about the archaeological heritage.
- The CERAPAR is well rooted in the landscape of Rennes and thus keeps up close relationships with the "Service Régional d'Archéologie", Rennes Universities, the Museum and the local authorities. The centre is associated to research through archaeologists (members of the association) and also aims at encouraging people to realize the significance of the archaeological heritage. In this way, the CERAPAR regularly participates in designing and circulating exhibitions about this topic. Specific activities, by means of visits or conferences, are also arranged on the studied sites. Regular papers in specialized scientific publications show the research progress.
STRONG POINTS :
- A scientific literature gathered together into a library in continuous development (book purchases, donations) that is open to the members and outside.
- A presence outdoors several times a week, due to a voluntary team, in cooperation with the inhabitants of the towns or villages, concerned with the investigations.
- Scientific studies through various eras, from the Paleolithic Age to the Middle Ages.
- A close collaboration with other archaeological associations, such as the CERAM (Vannes), Pierres & Landes (Monteneuf).
- Field-trips are set up, not only with an exclusive archaeological purpose, but also about what is widely relating to cultural heritage.
- A quarterly schedule is published pointing out the activities and the trips as well as a biannual bulletin stating the life of the association ("LE GRATTOIR").
- The CERAPAR is expecting, within the frame of the expansion of its library, to buy new books and documentary content.
- The numerous topographical plans carried out on the sites lead us to regularly complete and renew our equipment.
- Regular public relations generate a significant cost(photocopies, stamps...).
Samedi 27/1/2018Nettoyage de scories découvertes en prospection
Samedi 3/2/2018Assemblée Générale du CERAPAR à la Grange du Logis à Pacé
Samedi 17/2/2018Sortie sur Comblessac, hommage à André Poirier
Vendredi 23/2/2018Coseil d'administration pour les membres du CA
Samedi 10/3/2018Visite guidée du château du Bois Orcan, chapelle et maisons à pans de bois de Châteaugiron